Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Music- Avril Lavigne Part 1: 2000-2003

Ah, the "queen of pop" that rose to fame in the early 2000"s. Now in 2011 we are going to look back in her interesting career.

2000-2003: Let Go
"
I don't get overwhelmed, just because I feel like I've kind of prepared myself for it. All my life this is what I've wanted, what I've dreamed about, and I knew this would happen. I've been singing ever since I was really young and I've wanted this so bad, and I told myself I would do it.

—Avril Lavigne on her success, MTV[

Avril's 1st Album was pretty decent, debuting at number 2 on the Billboard Charts. This album made Avril a household name. She seemed to be just another teenager singer who sang about life's troubles. Her lead single, "Complicated" became one of the best songs of her career, peaking at #1 on the Australian charts, and #2 in the U.S. This song also was one of the best selling songs in Canada from 2002. It even was ranked on the Hot 100 singles of the decade list at number 83. This album got Avril nominated for 8 Grammy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment